April 24, 6:30-8:00 p.m.: Discipline that Works for Children with ADHD (Details, page 12)
- April 27, 6:00 p.m.: Parent Input Meeting for 2017-2018 Principal
- April 28: School Supply Order Deadline -- Online order form or Paper order form
- April 28: 2nd Grade Field Trip to the Outdoor Learning Center
- April 28: 5th Grade PACE Mock Trial - Plano Municipal Court
May 1-5: Teacher Appreciation Week - Faculty Favorites
May 1, 6:30-8:00 p.m.: Partnering with the School for Children with ADHD (Details, page 12)
May 3, 6:30-8:00 p.m.: Parenting the Strong Willed Child, Part 3 of 4 (Details, page 11)
May 10, 6:30-8:00 p.m.: Parenting the Strong Willed Child, Part 4 of 4 (Details, page 11)
May 20, 7:05 p.m.: Plano ISD PTA Night - Frisco Roughriders vs. Corpus Christi Hooks
President, Boggess PTA
Parent Input Meeting - Thursday, April 27th @ 6:00pm
Due to Mrs. Carruther's impending retirement, Susan Dantzler - the Executive Director for Elementary Campus Services, will be at Boggess on Thursday, April 27th @ 6:00pm.
Ms. Dantzler is seeking input from parents/community members regarding next year’s principal.
Please join us and let your thoughts and ideas about Boggess's future leadership be heard. We'd like as many parents as possible to be involved.
Murphy Middle School School Supplies
Order supplies for next year for your 6th grader and join the MMS PTA!
The PTA will save you time by providing school supply packs for your incoming 6th grader. Your pre-ordered supplies will be available for pick-up at MMS schedule pick-up in August.
Order online Now thru May 22nd
- Go to mmspta.org
- Click on “Forms” in the list to the left.
- Login, or create new account if first time user. If first time user after create new account go to “Forms” and “Family Information” to add your student (for current 5th Graders - when adding your child under the “Family Information tab, please select 5th Grade)
- Click on School Supplies 2017-2018 & complete order
- Take this opportunity to join MMS PTA!
- Proceed to Checkout to complete payment
The Texas State Legislature is in session and there are many issues that are being considered in regards to public education - both in finance and accountability. The PISD Board of Trustees and PTA representatives at the local and state level have been meeting with legislators to advocate for the parents and students of PISD on various bills that will effect taxpayers and educators, including:
PISD Board of Trustees' resolution: Property Tax Relief and Transparency in Taxation
Taxparency Texas - do you know where your property taxes are going?
Thursdays 3/16 – 5/4
If you have a child attending this activity, please consider volunteering.
You can sign up for Kroger’s Community Rewards program and choose the Boggess PTA as the organization you’d like to support. Link your Kroger Plus Rewards Card to Boggess Elementary and when you swipe your card to save, Kroger will donate to the Boggess PTA and benefit all of the students and parents of Boggess.
After you login or create an account, the Account Summary area has a Community Rewards Section. Just choose Boggess and you’re ready to shop and contribute!